Sunday 1 May 2011

Fake DHL Delivery emails contain Trojan

Two days ago I got mail from DHL Global supportletter2@dhl.com saying that

Dear customer

The parcel was sent your home address
And it will arrive within 10 business days

More information and the tracking number
are attached in document below.

Thank You

© 1994-2011 DHL.S Express Services, Inc.

Now, point is we all know DHL express is very popular company for shipping worldwide. So, when I saw mail from DHL Global then I read and confused because in my knowledge not any parcel come to me. So, to check detail I download that attached document.

But I surprised when download completed I saw windows firewall detected that file as a virus called “Trojan”.

Then I remove that file quickly.

Will this Social Engineer hacking trick is little bit surprised to me because its new tricks to hack & I trust this email because I saw mail come from “@dhl.com” domain but its fake email contain “Trojan”. Will this is the one of the best example of “Social Engineering – Art of Manipulation”.

SO, when u see email from DHL Global supportletter2@dhl.com or joinmess@dhl.com & saying that “the tracking number are attached in document below.” then delete that mail without download as soon as possible. These kinds of fake emails from courier services, these messages come with .zip attachments which will infect your computer with a Trojan, keylogger or spyware once downloaded. The attachment this time is called DHL.zip. Do not download it. Instead, DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY.

If you really have a package coming from DHL, UPS or FedEx and you receive an email like this, better call up your courier and confirm your package with them. It's better that way.


Note: This is illegal and is for educational purpose only. Any loss/damage happening will not be in any way our responsibility.

If u like then ple follow my blog & also help to promote. Don’t forget to leave comment.


incoming search terms:-

Social Engineering – Art of Manipulation
Beware Of  Fake emails from courier services
Beware Of  Fake DHL Delivery emails
Beware Of Lottery Email
Fack Lottery Email
hack email accounts

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More