Facebook is one of the most popular websites in the world. That makes it one of the most insecure places in the world! Loads of spam rains, hacked accounts, hacked pages, phishing links, malware links, and many more threats. Facebook doesn’t care much about most of these issues. But, they do care about hacked accounts! That’s why they have added Login Approvals! Now no one can login to your Facebook account without your mobile phone!
Normally, if someone figure out your user name and password or if some one manage to crack those login details, they can easily login into your account! But, if you enable login approvals, the hacker have to get his hands on your mobile phone to crack your account. Whenever you try to login to your Facebook account from an unrecognized machine, it will send a text message to your phone with a security code. You have to enter this code in order to log in. Once you login, it will remember your machine by sending a cookie. So, it won’t ask for approvals from that machine again! (Until you clear your cookies!). More security for your account! But, you also have to make sure you don’t lose your phone! If you lose it, you can login from a previously authorized machine and change the number or turn off the feature. If you have cleared the cookies from that authorized machine, then you are doomed!
Now, lets see how to set up Login Approvals: -
· First, login to your profile, click on “Account” menu located on the top right corner and go to “Account Settings”.
· Now, in the account settings menu, click on the link called “change” near the “Account Security” section.
· Now you should see the tick box to activate “Login Approvals” as shown below: -
· After you click on it, you’ll see a message as shown below: -
· Click “Next” and the’ll send a test message to your phone (Note: -You have to add your phone number to your account to make this work. If you are concerned about your privacy, change the privacy settings (Under the Account menu) to hide your number)
· Now, enter the code you received on the next screen: -
· After you complete the above steps, you are good to go!
· Next time when you login, Facebook will send you a message and ask you to enter the code in that message as shown below: -
I think it’s better if everyone can enable this feature. It will make you feel more secure. But, don’t lose your phone! So, what do you think? Will this stop all the hacker? I don’t think so!
Kindly Share this knowledge with as many people as you can and aware them to Enable Facebook Login Approvals. Feel free to mention your queries/doubts in comments. Keep Learning.
If you want to keep up-to-date on the Ethical Hacking Tutorials news, latest Tips & Tricks, latest scams & most important awareness and are a member of Facebook, don't forget to Join the Tricks4indya Facebook pageto keep informed about the latest security.